The youth meet every Sunday morning at 9AM, then join the worship service at 10:15AM. We also gather for occasional fun outings and activities about once a month. For more, email Jeff and Susanne Calhoun.
LOV Youth and Family Ministries supports teens as they engage in God's presence, are rooted in spiritual practices, grow in understanding Scripture, theology, and culture, and offer their gifts to their family, church, and the world.
We aim to:
- Support Teens. Our youth team meets regularly outside of church time to cultivate mentoring relationships and develop connections between the teens,
- Support Families. We encourage family involvement at every step of the way. Parents are the primary disciple-makers of their children, and we partner with them. Likewise, we invite parents to be our allies and partners for our ministry to the youth.
- Engage in God's Presence. Faith isn't so much about what you know; It's about who you know. In all we do, we aim for our teens to encounter Jesus.
- Root Ourselves in Spiritual Practices. The rhythms and practices of meeting with God are introduced and experimented with. Our hope is to equip our teens with tools and practices they'll need for a life-long journey with Jesus and a vibrant relationship with the Lord.
- Grow in Understanding Scripture, Theology, and Culture. Today's world is complex for our teens. We thoughtfully engage cultural, everyday issues for them. Being grounded in truth enables them to face the specific challenges they face. We read the Bible together. And yes, it's possible for teens to do theology!
- Offer our gifts to our families, the church, and the world. When God created us, he made us in his image. There is a unique way each one of us reflect the glory of the living and loving God into this world. We help our teens find their giftedness and the unique way they bear God's image, then support them as they offer these gifts to those around them.