Figuring out how to connect with a new community can be scary. We want to help. Here are some practical next steps:
1. Meet with one (or both) of our co-pastors.
Send them an email to setup a time to grab some coffee.
2. Come to a community meal.
We have potluck community meals once or twice a month after the service. On other weeks, after the service, we go out for lunch somewhere nearby.
3. Join our church email list and follow our Facebook page.
4. Join an "Eat Together" group that meets once a month to share a meal together, family-style, and share their lives together. We have four groups that meet in different areas: Highwood, Lake Zurich, Palatine/Des Plaines, and Grayslake. Talk to Juliet and she can connect you with one of the house group hosts!
5. Attend a class at 9:00am before our worship service at 10:15am. Some of our classes enable us to dive into Scripture together. Other types of classes focus on a prayer practice such as:
- Prayer of Examen
- Lectio Divina
- Immanuel Journaling
- Centering Prayer